july 4, 2018 - 2018-07-04
the triangle continues of courtney, boobear, & nyota - 2018-07-03
Cookie so cute telling, "Hello" to sparrows - 2018-07-01
lovebirb in love - 2018-06-30
wren with fluffffff - 2018-06-24
Read my new book, The 10 Best Things You Can Do For Your Bird at Amazon or at many other fine distributors like Barnes & Noble, iTunes, Kobo, and more.
By public demand, and after a delay of an embarrassing number of years, I've finally put my notorious essay, Ender and Hitler: Sympathy for the Superman, free on the fabulous internets.
A bibliography of my published books and stories.
Here's a simple card-counting FAQ to get you up to speed on the basics. Here's the true story of the notorious DD' blackjack team, told for the first time on the fabulous internets. No other team went from a starting investor's bankroll of zero to winning millions of dollars.
|A Sadean take on Asimov's classic Three Laws of Robotics can be found in Roger Williams' NOW REVIEWED ON SLASHDOT!!!
The Metamorphosis of Prime Intellect. Adult readers only please -- explicit sex and violence. For updates
on the "Dead Tree Project" and other topics, you may visit
the official fan site, Passages in the Void..
|My Bird Lists -- My Louisiana State Life List, My Yard List and, tah dah, My World Life List.
|HEY! What happened to the Peachfront Conure Files? The world's only OFFICIAL Peachfront Conure site now features free peachfront conure coverage, including
a magazine length Intro to Conures previously published in American Cage-Bird Magazine, now free on the web. I offer the best free Peachfront Conure information on the internet. If you have great Peachfront Conure info, stories, or photos to share, contact me so I can publicize your pet, your breeding success, your great photograph, etc. on my site. Thanks.
2013 resolutions results
2013-12-29 - 10:44 a.m.
It's a little early, but here's the post-mortem on the 2013 New Year's resolutions.
- Study a bird ID tip 5x a week. I did that for the first six months of the year and then got too busy to continue the project.
- Switch to bird friendly coffee. Yeah, I now order the Smithsonian certified bird coffee, since I actually see those guys out in the field and I feel confident they know whereof they speak.
- Plant 3 garden herbs. I planted them and then promptly neglected them. Oregano, thyme, and garlic joined the overabundance of rosemary and garlic chive for awhile. The thyme didn't make it though, and the oregano and garlic could look a little more energetic.
- Exercise 45 minutes 6 days a week. Yes, I did this but I had to keep it to low impact activities only. I tried weight training several times and had too many pain issues to continue.
- Cut & polish 12 cabs. I haven't counted but I did more than 12 by a long shot. I have a technique where I shape them on the wheel and then polish in the tumbler. Seems to be working well.
- Launch the localroger fan site. I launched the site, got the first story Kindle-ized, and Roger has enjoyed his most profitable year yet from The Metamorphosis of Prime Intellect. Yay!
- Launch my own site, Kindle-ize my short stories, and get three writing clients. I actually got only two writing jobs but they were much larger than I expected so I'm very happy with that. I also tossed up a basic writer's site. I haven't Kindle-ized my short stories though, as I ran into an issue of I disliked rereading my own stories. Will have to overcome that, I guess.
- Start two niche/affiliate marketing sites. I flat out didn't do this. For 2013, writing for others seemed to be the more immediately profitable path...so that's where I put my effort
back - next
All Rights Reserved, Copyright 2002-2017 by Elaine Radford