july 4, 2018 - 2018-07-04
the triangle continues of courtney, boobear, & nyota - 2018-07-03
Cookie so cute telling, "Hello" to sparrows - 2018-07-01
lovebirb in love - 2018-06-30
wren with fluffffff - 2018-06-24
Read my new book, The 10 Best Things You Can Do For Your Bird at Amazon or at many other fine distributors like Barnes & Noble, iTunes, Kobo, and more.
By public demand, and after a delay of an embarrassing number of years, I've finally put my notorious essay, Ender and Hitler: Sympathy for the Superman, free on the fabulous internets.
A bibliography of my published books and stories.
Here's a simple card-counting FAQ to get you up to speed on the basics. Here's the true story of the notorious DD' blackjack team, told for the first time on the fabulous internets. No other team went from a starting investor's bankroll of zero to winning millions of dollars. |
|A Sadean take on Asimov's classic Three Laws of Robotics can be found in Roger Williams' NOW REVIEWED ON SLASHDOT!!!
The Metamorphosis of Prime Intellect. Adult readers only please -- explicit sex and violence. For updates
on the "Dead Tree Project" and other topics, you may visit
the official fan site, Passages in the Void..
|My Bird Lists -- My Louisiana State Life List, My Yard List and, tah dah, My World Life List.|
|HEY! What happened to the Peachfront Conure Files? The world's only OFFICIAL Peachfront Conure site now features free peachfront conure coverage, including
a magazine length Intro to Conures previously published in American Cage-Bird Magazine, now free on the web. I offer the best free Peachfront Conure information on the internet. If you have great Peachfront Conure info, stories, or photos to share, contact me so I can publicize your pet, your breeding success, your great photograph, etc. on my site. Thanks.
a very incomplete index to the entries
2003-03-21 - 2:51 p.m.
If I didn't personally invite you to my site, you may be
visiting as a result of the above banner. Here's the deal:
My diary is mostly a personal record and photo album
for me and my friends. But if you want to have a look, feel free.
This is a very incomplete index to a very few selected diary entries
that may inform or entertain you if you happen to share my interests.
- The tree swallow tornado--said to be Louisiana's least-known natural spectacle
- My Madagascar bird list and Madagascar Serpent-Eagle is on it, can you say the same?
- Johannesburg, South Africa: My wild one day birding spree of Marievale and Suikerbosrand plus my South Africa bird list
- London: A visit to the London Wetland Centre, and you can get there on your Zone 1/2 ticket and never have to park a car, so what are you waiting for?
- Point Pelee: A Quest for Warblers, is a day-by-day trip report of the Ontario, Canada National Park which starts here. The trip list is here.
- Official Trip List from the Spring 2005 Hawk Migration in Panama.
- My New Mexico bird list from the Festival of the Cranes.
- Whoo hoo -- My Bird List from -- wait for it -- Kenya in East Africa. Lots of eagles on this one, folks.
- A mid-April bird list for southern Arkansas.
- The rookery at Lake Martin, Louisiana in March with a Roseate Spoonbill photo album.
- My yard list as of Dec. 24, 2003
- A bird list from the "river of raptors" migration in the state of Veracruz, Mexico which we visited Oct. 3 - 11, 1998.
- The Snake River National Bird of Prey Conservation Area in Idaho with our trip list for May 4-11, 2002.
- A bird list from the San Diego, California area Oct. 6-11, 2003.
- Probable first breeding of Gray Kingbirds in Louisiana is discovered when adults with fledged young are found behind UNO Lakefront Arena
- A bird checklist from the spring raptor migration on the Texas Gulf Coast from March 25-April 2, 2000
- A trip diary of Panama City and Gamboa, Panama in June, with two bird lists here and here, and some helpful facts about visiting Panama here.
- Bayou Sauvage, Irish Bayou, and White Kitchen in late April.
A Lake Martin, Louisiana bird list from November 2002.
My first Calliope Hummingbird for my backyard list
- Some Mandeville, Louisiana bird day lists can be found
a January list,
here for a March list, here for an April list.
- Here is my
Trinidad trip report, and here is the resulting
- The story of a spring fall-out at Grand Isle, Louisiana.
- Pine Island, a private rookery near Madisonville, Louisiana, at sunset.
Note: I am located in western St. Tammany Parish, Louisiana.
Note: If I feel a book to be of no merit, I won't normally bother to review it, so
do not visit expecting "slams." Even though if I'm famous for anything, I'm famous for a slam. Oh well, that's how it goes in this world.
Also, considering how many terrific books I've read over the years, it's a shame that I haven't reviewed and written up more of them, but the days are too short, I suppose.
- The Hollywood Dodo by Geoff Nicholson -- I never heard of this author before I picked up this book, but what a charming story.
My Sister, My Love by Joyce Carol Oates--if you're looking for a sick, twisted, entertaining read, you can't miss this one.
- Ender and Hitler: Sympathy for the Superman -- written in the 1980s, when it still might be relevant, with some comments looking back from 20 years later
- Spider Robinson thinks SF is dying
- Messiah by Gore Vidal, 1954.
On reader reaction to The Metamorphosis of Prime Intellect,
published online by
kuro5hin.org and which can be currently read online for free
- Kurt Vonnegut's Timequake is a must.
- Some other book discussion found
Tropical Storm Bill (2003) Disaster Coverage
- Monsoon Days, a trip report from Vegas and southeastern Arizona in July 1999, complete with owls, birds of prey, and the mandatory flash floods
- The Great Bolivian Bird of Prey Adventure starts right here.
- Denver -- A poker trip with some day hiking thrown in
- Montreal and Quebec -- Lotta random driving with waterfalls
- Istanbul and Cappadocia, Turkey -- Lots of beautiful day hikes, migrating white storks, and a close encounter with the long-eared owl
- San Francisco -- a lot of day hikes and some bird-finding, including the famous parrots
- Costa Rica again, the birding edition -- Savagre, home of show-offy Quetzals and Rancho Naturalista, home of the Snowcap and, God Bless America, uncounted other hummingbirds too
- Northern England -- The Morecambe Tern Project and Leighton Moss Nature Reserve
- Maine, of Puffins and Lobsters -- folks, I do day by day blogging here, so click on the first page of the story and then click next at the bottom of each page if you wish to continue.
- The Grand Canyon avec condors.
- Madagascar in 4 parts: Part 1, Ranomafana,
Part 2, Ankarafantsika, Part 3, Masoala and the Madagascar Serpent-Eagle, and Part 4, Berenty and Andasibe.
- Point Pelee: I blogged this one real-time, every day, with my first day of the trip report starting right here.
- Alberta: Of Bears and Bighorns -- Part 1, Part 2, and Part 3.
- Who's crazy now? The ultimate mileage run: Part 1, Part 2, Part 3, and Part 4.
- Germany: Heidelberg and Mainz, Part 1, Part 2, and Part 3.
- Costa Rica/Guanacaste: Part 1 and Part 2 of our independent trip to Costa Rica.
- Kyoto Trip Report: Part 1, Part 2, Part 3, and some budget tips.
My Panama Spring Hawk Migration trip report pt. 1, going on to part 2, and concluding with part 3.
- My Munich trip report starting with Part 1, going on to
Part 2, and concluding with Part 3.
- Sonora Caverns, TX.
- My Paris trip report starting with
Part 1, and continuing with
Part 3, and
My New Mexico Diary for mid-November 2004 starts
right here, with Part 2: Bosque del Apache Festival of the Cranes
starting right here, and Part 3: A Visit to Trinity,
starting right here.
- My Atlantic City/Cape May story for late August/early September starts here.
- My southern Arkansas diary for mid-April 2004 starts here.
- My Kenya Diary -- Quest for Eagles is a four part adventure starting right here, then continuing onward to Part Two, then Part Three, and finally Part Four. Don't forget my Animal check list with all the big cats and of course my bird check list with 50 raptors not including the owls! My answers to some frequently asked questions about Kenya as of early 2004.
- My trip report to England with lots of pictures starts right here.
- Dental tourism in Tijuana, Mexico with a few highlights from the San Diego, California area.
- Chasing the spring raptor migration on the Texas Gulf Coast in late March/early April 2000
- My 42nd
trip to Vegas -- Rio and Paris
- Mirage, Las Vegas, September 2001
- Treasure Island, Las Vegas, August 2001
- Harrah's/Windsor Court Hotel in New Orleans
- My trip report from the Caribbean island of Trinidad in June 2001
Trip report from Lake Martin, Breaux Bridge, and Avery Island area from November 2002.
- A couple of pictures of Lake Tahoe from Stateline, on the border of Nevada and California.
- Cruising from New Orleans to Cancun and Progresso in Mexico, with the mandatory visits to Chichen Itza.
- Mandalay Bay Casino Resort, the penthouse suite, October 2000.
- The George Ohr "Mad Potter of Biloxi" Museum in Biloxi, Mississippi with several pictures and a brief bird note.
- A huge suite at the Silverstar Casino Resort on the Choctaw reservation in Philadelphia, Mississippi.
- What you see when you view the Grand Canyon from the air.
- A diary of our visit to Panama City and Gamboa Resort in Panama, Central America (not Panama City, Florida). Bonus: Some helpful stuff to know before you go to Panama.
- The "River of Raptors" migration spectacle in Veracruz state, Mexico.
Hurricane Katrina (2005) Disaster Coverage
back - next
All Rights Reserved, Copyright 2002-2017 by Elaine Radford