july 4, 2018 - 2018-07-04
the triangle continues of courtney, boobear, & nyota - 2018-07-03
Cookie so cute telling, "Hello" to sparrows - 2018-07-01
lovebirb in love - 2018-06-30
wren with fluffffff - 2018-06-24
Read my new book, The 10 Best Things You Can Do For Your Bird at Amazon or at many other fine distributors like Barnes & Noble, iTunes, Kobo, and more.
By public demand, and after a delay of an embarrassing number of years, I've finally put my notorious essay, Ender and Hitler: Sympathy for the Superman, free on the fabulous internets.
A bibliography of my published books and stories.
Here's a simple card-counting FAQ to get you up to speed on the basics. Here's the true story of the notorious DD' blackjack team, told for the first time on the fabulous internets. No other team went from a starting investor's bankroll of zero to winning millions of dollars. |
|A Sadean take on Asimov's classic Three Laws of Robotics can be found in Roger Williams' NOW REVIEWED ON SLASHDOT!!!
The Metamorphosis of Prime Intellect. Adult readers only please -- explicit sex and violence. For updates
on the "Dead Tree Project" and other topics, you may visit
the official fan site, Passages in the Void..
|My Bird Lists -- My Louisiana State Life List, My Yard List and, tah dah, My World Life List.|
|HEY! What happened to the Peachfront Conure Files? The world's only OFFICIAL Peachfront Conure site now features free peachfront conure coverage, including
a magazine length Intro to Conures previously published in American Cage-Bird Magazine, now free on the web. I offer the best free Peachfront Conure information on the internet. If you have great Peachfront Conure info, stories, or photos to share, contact me so I can publicize your pet, your breeding success, your great photograph, etc. on my site. Thanks.
happy new year even to the brattiest of winter hummingbirds
2004-01-01 - 8:58 a.m.
The first bird of 2004 is the Northern Cardinal singing with tireless exuberance.
The second bird is Northern Mockingbird sitting on the antenna.
The third bird is the brattilly unbanded Rufous/Allen's Hummingbird at the rear feeder.
Note added around 11 A.M.: The first butterfly of the year is the Gulf Fritillary.
Last night was filet mignon, sweet potatoes with marshmallow, Perrier Jouet champagne. Lots of champagne. We might be the reason why French wine exports soared in 2003.
And what of last year's resolutions? Hmmm.
Catalog mineral collection. I only cataloged the stone spheres and sculptures -- half credit, I guess.
- Create an online photo inventory of house and contents for insurance purposes. I put the photo inventory on CD -- close enough for government work.
- Start and complete 3 pieces of fiction. I seem to have lost interest in plot, which is the heart of fiction. If I want to ramble on about ideas, I've got my diary for that. It isn't a case of I wanted to write some stories but didn't have time. I had no desire to tell any stories in the first place. Time to move on, I think.
- Exercise 30 minutes a day 6 days a week. Yes, and I often exercised more.
- Take at least one bird walk a month. Yes, sometimes more.
- Organize life lists. Yes! Hip hip hooray! I've already got my yard, several state lists, and U.S. life lists online, and I'll soon post my world life list as well.
- Make one stone, mosaic, or beading project a month. I was right on track with this one until the tree crushed the house. Since then, I've been a little discouraged by creating beautiful things because, I suppose, of the fear that they can be crushed instantly like my chickadee house or mosaic herb pots. The mosaic chickadee house was a triumph while it lasted -- I had a nice family of chickadees hatched there last spring.
Hmmm. Half credit?
- I will get up at or before 8 A.M. 6 days a week. I can hardly believe I am writing this but...I seem to have succeeded in making this a habit.
back - next
All Rights Reserved, Copyright 2002-2017 by Elaine Radford